Wireless Survey Engineer
This is a permanent position based at our City West, Dublin HQ. We are looking for an enthusiastic engineer who wants to grow and develop. Ongoing certification and training in Cisco Wireless specialisation will be available.
- Wireless surveys (Wi-Fi network planning, site surveys, and administration), using Ekahau.
- Develop wireless network infrastructures and make recommendations on systems enhancements for optimization.
- Install, configure and manage Cisco networking products.
- Carry out active and passive wireless surveys to provide optimum access point placements.
- Provide technical assessment of requirements and definition from conception to launch.
- Work with vendors and team members to arrive at the final design using industry best practices.
- Use measuring and diagnostic tools to test and adjust equipment.
- Optimize existing network by adjusting radio network parameters and recommending possible solutions to hardware problems.
- Cables and test and troubleshoot any cabling and basic network and connectivity issues.
- Follow standard procedures and checklists
- Manage inventory and provide project status updates to the PM and management.
- Assist the Service Desk and handle escalations and tickets with respect to wireless networks
Skills & Experience:
- Ideally, but not necessarily 1 + years of work experience related to wireless networks and technologies.
- Cisco CCNA.
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals and general internet technologies.
- Excellent communication skills, customer service skills and be a strong team player.
- The ability to configure and troubleshoot Cisco Wireless controllers, devices, switches and routers.
- Own car with full driving license.